Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dogs should sleep with their owners

At last someone is talking sense about dogs! One of Australia's leading animal behaviorists, Dr Robert Holmes, says dogs should be allowed to sleep in the bedroom.
"That's where they feel secure and safe, and rightfully part of the family pack," he said. "A back yard is no place for a dog, it's not their natural environment. They should be in bed with their owners, that's where the pack lies and they should all pile in together."
Not quite sure what he meant about the back yard, this is where I sleep most of the night.
By about six o'clock in the morning I can usually (always?) be found where the good Doctor recommends. But I always ask permission to get up on our bed, and so far my owners have not minded my waking them up to ask.

But hey, it's not rocket science!

No comments:

Post a Comment